Created by Kernow Education Arts Partnership (KEAP) the programme has three strands of activity, along with our digital Story Republic, The Library, where everyone can upload and share their own work!
- The Story Republicans – our entertaining team of glamorous performers who will be out and about at events and festivals across Cornwall, sharing Cornish songs, stories and poems. They are the core of our Talent Development programme, where emerging performers get valuable experience working in a variety of venues and with varying audiences, giving them a toehold into the cultural sector in Cornwall.
- The Story Republic in Schools – working in partnership with other cultural organisations, artists and writers visit school clusters to work with children, with the starting point of story, creating bespoke programmes which support literacy through the arts. Culminating in an installation of the results of all this creativity.
- The Writers’ Block – the culmination of many years work in arts and education, and an understanding of the power of transformation of space, The Writers’ Block is an ingenious, inspirational creative writing hub based at Cornwall College in Pool, Redruth.
- The Story Republic Library – an online platform where stories can be uploaded, shared and viewed in all their forms – written, illustrations, short films.
We are hugely grateful to our funders, national and local, without which The Story Republic and The Writers’ Block would not exist.
- Arts Council England
- Esmee Fairbairn Foundation
- Big Lottery Fund
- Minack Theatre
- LiveWest (formerly DCH)
- Hall for Cornwall
- The Ernest Cook Trust
- Garfield Weston Foundation
- Cornwall Music Education Hub
There are various ways in which you can support our work, even just coming along to our workshops and events and spreading the word to your friends will help!
We are also developing a team of volunteers to support our events and help us to get the word out in our communities. If you are interested in volunteering, you can find out more here or get in touch with Amanda Harris on firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also donate directly to support our work in The Writers’ Block. We value every donation we receive!