Either in your school or at our unique creative writing centre in Pool, we can help your pupils find a love of writing through creativity.
The Writers’ Block – cultivating skills and confidence in writing for all ages
Based near Redruth, The Writers’ Block is a creative writing space and programme which aims to break down barriers to writing for reluctant writers and helps those more able to write at greater depth. Find out more here.
We also now have a pop up Writers’ Block which brings the essence of our way of working to your school. Get a tiny preview of the magic of The Writers’ Block here
Bring The Story Republic to your school!
We have developed and delivered many projects for individual schools and clusters. Projects can be designed around a specific theme, and deliver on your outcomes.
Projects can include the following elements:
- Teacher CPD
- Writers, performers and artists working in school with children
- A transformational exhibition/installation at the host school or other venue
- Workshops and visits linked to the installation
- A cluster celebration event for parents and community
- Opportunity to upload children’s work on to the interactive Story Republic website www.thestoryrepublic.co.uk
- Links to the public installations and the Story Republicans performing in your school
- Use of specially created resources
We can customise the programme content and size to suit your cluster, so please do get in touch with your ideas! firstname.lastname@example.org
Artsmark Partnership Programme
Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools, accredited by Arts Council England. We are delighted to be an Artsmark Partner, part of an endorsed network of arts and cultural organisations that can support education settings on their Artsmark journey to embed arts and culture across the curriculum. Click here to find out more about how we can support your Artsmark journey.