This year's schools partnership project brings together The Story Republic with Cornwall Music Education Hub and Cornwall Museums Partnership.
The aim of the project is for children and young people to get a better understanding of how Cornwall kept working during WW1, through an engagement with locals museums and to express that new understanding through creative writing and music. Working with 4 heritage sites, namely King Edward Mine, Royal Cornwall Museum, the Regimental Museum in Bodmin and Wheal Martyn China Clay Museum, pupils from 16 schools will use the history of these sites as catalysts for creative writing, singing and composition.
The final work created will be shared with the local community at a celebration event at each site.
The project is open to application from interested schools now, and subject to a successful Heritage Lottery bid, will take place in the Autumn term 2018. If you would like to know more, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
Bring The Story Republic to your school!
We have developed and delivered many projects for individual schools and clusters. Projects can be designed around a specific theme, and deliver on your outcomes.
Projects can include the following elements:
- Teacher CPD
- Writers, performers and artists working in school with children
- A transformational exhibition/installation at the host school or other venue
- Workshops and visits linked to the installation
- A cluster celebration event for parents and community
- Opportunity to upload children’s work on to the interactive Story Republic website www.thestoryrepublic.co.uk
- Links to the public installations and the Story Republicans performing in your school
- Use of specially created resources
We can customise the programme content and size to suit your cluster, so please do get in touch with your ideas! email@example.com
Artsmark Partnership Programme
Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools, accredited by Arts Council England. We are delighted to be an Artsmark Partner, part of an endorsed network of arts and cultural organisations that can support education settings on their Artsmark journey to embed arts and culture across the curriculum. Click here to find out more about how we can support your Artsmark journey.